Therapeutic Health Technician
Therapeutic Health Technician
2530Broadway Ave North
Rochester, MN 55906
The Therapeutic Health Technician will support the Therapeutic Health Team in all areas of client care as well as office and gym support as listed below. Adhere to a regular schedule as appropriate.
Reports to: Director of Clinical Services
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after each treatment.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients to exercise according to their Health Plan of Care, under the direction of the team Therapeutic Health Specialist staff.
- Record treatment is given and equipment in the EMR
- Open and closing duties for the facility including cleaning
- Work with housekeeping and maintenance throughout the day to assure a clean and safe facility
- Transport clients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support to prepare for the session.
- Change linens, such as bedsheets and pillowcases.
- Do laundry throughout the day
- Secure clients safely onto exercise equipment.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner, if necessary
- Assist with front office duties as directed by Front Office Manager or Director of Clinical Services
- Maintain full confidentiality of client records and information.
- Strength – Candidates must demonstrate sufficient upper body and trunk strength in order to assist with client lifting and completing locomotor training (assisted treadmill) skills. Must be willing to learn skills, receive feedback on technique, and deliver assistance with treadmill training with no difficulties. Good flexibility and endurance strength are required in all limbs and trunk to complete this task.
- No previous injuries to the back, shoulder, neck, or other musculoskeletal conditions that may be exacerbated by lifting, pushing, pulling, or moving in a repetitive way.
- Personality preferred is one that is outgoing, positive, and innovative. Exercisabilities strives to build a team that is able to promote health and wellness through exciting and positive personal interactions and each team member will be expected to bring a positive, motivating attitude every day.
- Desire to engage in both on-the-job training as well as ongoing learning both onsite and offsite or through the use of online learning.
Minimum of associate’s degree required with an Exercise Science or other science related degree. Interested individuals in the process of applying for graduate-level therapy professional schools are welcome to apply. Personal Training Certification is not required for this position.
|Experience||Previous experience in the exercise field is preferred. Demonstrated interest in the area of disability care, specialized exercise, or rehabilitation through internship or volunteering is required.|
PHYSICAL DEMAND CAPACITY:
Consistent with published industry PDC norms or minimally:
- Requires the manual dexterity and general strength and endurance
- Lifting—routinely loads of 5-35 pounds from
- Floor to waist
- Waist to shoulder
- Shoulder to overhead
- Carrying—routinely loads of 5-10# for 40-50’
- Pushing—routinely loads of 5-150# on casters, runners or pulleys
- Sustaining a grip—routinely for 1-2 minutes of 40-50#
- Guarding a “lift load” routinely of 120-140#
- Has the potential for Hazardous Substance Exposure due to work duties
- Has the potential for Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure due to work duties
- Has been determined as eligible for access to/use of PHI & EPHI based on work duties and responsibilities in compliance with ‘minimal necessary’ standards
- All employees of Exercisabilities, Inc will be compliant with all HIPPA/HITECH regulations within the scope of duties, including but not limited to management, administrative, financial and operational, and/or support services.
- As an employee in this position, I may have access to Protected Health Information (PHI) which could be in oral, written, electronic, visual, pictorial, physical, or in any other format or medium. I may only use and/or disclose information on a ‘minimum necessary’ basis and will do so in full compliance with the Exercisabilities, Inc HIPAA/HITECH policies, and procedures. I acknowledge that I am subject to investigation and/or disciplinary action should I fail to comply as noted above.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.