Thankful Giving Campaign 2019
Today over 2,000 children, adults, and seniors, are stronger and more engaged in the community because they improved at ExercisAbilities. Our participants are more independent, move more safely, interact with their peers better, and make healthier choices. ExercisAbilities is making a difference in the health of our community.
Did you know?
- Over 18,000 appointments, classes, trainings, or 1:1 sessions occurred at ExercisAbilities already this year.
- We have the only pediatric rehabilitation program in SE Minnesota, and we have already served over 125 families since opening this program 2018, who otherwise would not receive services locally.
- Your votes helped us win $1500 from the Rochester Area Foundation Community Choice Grant for the month of May recognizing our work in making our community HEALTHY.
- ExercisAbilities has grown from five staff to thirty staff in just five years due to the extraordinary work being done by our expert rehabilitation and medical fitness team members.
- Many of our original staff are still with us today!
- We host PWR Healthy Happy Hours (Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery) monthly to educate the community on the latest health information, including mental health tactics to support people living with Parkinson’s disease. This work was sponsored in 2019 by the Minnesota Parkinson’s Foundation.
Who are our participants? They might be YOU. They may be your mother, your father, your grandmother, sister or brother. They may be your child who receives help, thanks to our newest program for pediatric rehabilitation. EA provides comprehensive care to those who have a disability, pain, or c
hronic disease. Because we are a non-profit 501c3 with a mission to provide treatment to all who require our services, our participants can be anyone, with no barriers to race, financial status, or ability.
Why do we need your support? Our health care system is struggling. Medical rehabilitation services are severely underfunded and under-supported over the extended length of time that is needed to recover fully. ExercisAbilities will provide our expert programs to all people who want to improve and meet their goals.
Your time, talents, and financial philanthropy are greatly appreciated to meet our goals of 100% unrestricted access to all who need our programs.
As we wind down this year, we are truly blessed to have community support from donors like you, who want to help create a health change for all. Thank you for being a blessing to us and to all who benefit from our services. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
MAYO CLINIC COMMUNITY GIVING COMMITTEE IS OFFERING A $5,000 MATCH FOR OUR THANKFUL GIVING CAMPAIGN THROUGH THE END OF 2019!! Please consider giving a donation before year end at www.exercisabilities.org to help us celebrate a successful 2019 and ensure that EA’s work continues to improve the health of our community into 2020 and beyond.
Melanie Brennan Vicki Allen
Executive Director Chief Development Officer