ExercisAbilities was founded to be a place for the Southeast MN community to have improved access to rehabilitation services. We uniquely offer occupational therapy services as a part of our community programming.
What is occupational therapy? An OT is a Master’s or Doctorate level trained rehab professional that will get to know a person’s daily routine was prior to their injury or life changing problem occurred, create a plan, and guide you through therapy interventions to achieve those goals. OT’s are experts in returning you to living the life you want to be living!
Adult Occupational Therapy: Our adult occupational therapists will help you regain the skills that you need to navigate through your world and care for yourself in areas such as return to work duties, household tasks, or bathing and grooming. They utilize treatment techniques that not only give you ideas for modifications and adaptation tools for your current situation, such as splints, but also work to improve your abilities and regain skills and abilities. We will help you regain movement, decrease pain, improve cognitive skills, and achieve overall good health to meet your goals.
Pediatric Occupational Therapy: Please see the Pediatric Rehabilitation Page for details for children.
- Full assessment of daily routine activities that a person needs to do or wants to do, including bathing, dressing, grooming, feeding, medication management, and finance management.
- Cognitive assessment to identify brain health strengths & weaknesses and offer remedial & compensatory strategies to resume life roles
- Home safety assessment and recommendations to client and caregivers
- Caregiver resources to prevent burnout
- Pre-Return to driving assessments and resources to full driving assessments off-site
- Dementia training for clients and their caregivers to promote their active participation in life
- Emotional regulation training through stress management & relaxation training
- Chronic pain/fatigue return to life training
- Hand Therapy
- And more!
Common Diagnoses seen by OT:
- Post surgical shoulder, hand, elbow or any other surgeries that impair daily activities of living
- Deconditioned by illness/cancer/chronic diseases (Parkinson’s/MS/etc.)
- Failure to thrive in the community
- Stroke/Traumatic Brain Injury
- Multiple falls in the home
- Dementia/Cognitive Impairment
- Chronic Pain/Fatigue
Our occupational therapist, Kimberly Pritchett, OTR specializes in Hand Therapy. Services provided include custom splint-making, prosthetic education and rehabilitation, surgical recovery, manual therapy, neuro-reeducation, pain rehabilitation, and more.
Diagnoses that benefit from specialized hand therapy include:
- Nerve compression injuries such as Carpal Tunnel, Cubital Tunnel, and Radial Tunnel syndromes.
- Tenosynovitis and Tendonitis issues including Medial and Lateral epicondylitis (Tennis or Golfer’s elbow), Trigger finger, and DeQuervain’s.
- Fracture and/or dislocation of any bony structure within the upper extremity, including finger, hand, wrist, forearm, elbow, upper arm, shoulder, and scapula
- Upper extremity amputee for prosthetic training (will work closely with your prosthetic provider)
- Post-operative orthopedic rehabilitation
- Tendon and nerve transfers