Rehabilitation Therapy Technician
Full Job Description
Join our team in an exciting and rewarding career! You will assist in the provision of patient care and related activities under the direct, on-site supervision, of a physical therapist within a physical therapy clinic. This position will help our rehab and therapeutic health team provide services to individuals participating in our therapeutic wellness and rehabilitation program. This job is ideal for someone just out of college looking to gain experience in the rehabilitation or adaptive fitness profession with growth to promote to a health and wellness specialist or experience for acceptance into graduate school. This position is full-time Monday – Friday8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, flexible. This position is benefits eligible. We welcome persons of diverse communities to apply.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after each treatment
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients to exercise according to their Physical Therapy Plan and under the direct supervision of a Physical Therapist
- Record treatment performed and equipment in the EMR
- Open and closing duties for the facility including cleaning
- Work with housekeeping and maintenance throughout the day to assure a clean and safe facility
- Transport clients to and from treatment areas, using wheelchairs or providing standing support to prepare for a session.
- Change linens, such as bedsheets and pillowcases
- Do laundry throughout the day
- Secure clients safely onto exercise equipment.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner, if necessary
- Assist with front office duties as directed by Front Office Manager or Therapeutic Health Program Manager as needed
- A person who has an interest in pursuing a career in Exercise Science, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, or a related healthcare profession.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required with an Exercise Science or other science-related degree. Interested individuals in the process of applying for graduate-level therapy professional schools are welcome to apply. Personal Training Certification is not required for this position but would be required for promotion in the company.
- Simple IRA matching
- Health Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement