Adulthood Obesity can be Stopped in Childhood…With KidShape 2.0!
KidShape 2.0 is an interactive healthy living lifestyle change program for children in the 85th percentile or higher for body weight and their families. The six two-hour sessions include nutrition education activities such as family shopping, prep, and cooking as well as physical activity education. KidShape 2.0 is delivered by a registered dietitian and a youth exercise specialist, utilizing the KidShape 2.0 and SPARK curriculum. This curriculum is evidence based and developed by a team of experts.
The KidShape 2.0 curriculum includes:
- An initial individualized assessment
- 6 interactive sessions which include nutrition games and activities, family cooking program, cognitive behavior modification, self-esteem and parenting support, fun physical activities, and more!
- 8 ongoing monthly meetings with similar format
- Adult and age appropriate color workbooks
- Self-monitoring kid-friendly tracking tool
CALL OUR OFFICE TO SIGN UP! 507-259-7570
What does it cost?
The KidShape 2.0 program, delivered by our registered dietitian, is potentially reimbursable by insurance as group medical nutrition therapy. It does require a prescription from a qualified medical provider in order to be billed.
Cost is $120 for 6 core sessions if your medical insurance will not cover the cost. Ongoing drop-in maintenance classes are $20 each. Medical, physical, or cognitive disorders welcome!
How can my Medical Provider Refer to KidShape?
Your medical provider can fax your prescription and contact information with diagnosis indicating the child’s percentile based diagnosis code (overweight (85th) or obese (95th).
The order should specify:
- 1 Medical Nutrition Evaluation
- 16 group medical nutrition therapy sessions
- Length of term- 1 year from start
Secure FAX: 888-624-3107