COVID – 19 Response and Policy updates April 6, 2020
ExercisAbilities is committed to the safety of our clients and employees. We remain committed to keeping continuity of care and access to much needed rehabilitation in the setting of this recent threat of the pandemic COVID-19. As this virus has began to appear in our community, continuous adjustment to how we provide services is important. Rehabilitation services are essential to maintaining the health of the individual. These are the following changes that we will implement starting 4-6-2020 to optimize your safety while in our clinic. They may need to be updated daily depending on government instructions and decisions from the CDC, MDH, and local public health officials.
- Only patients will be allowed in the building. Exceptions can be requested by calling our desk at 507-259-7570 for medical required or parental supervision requests.
- We encourage clients to wear a face mask at all times in our building. Cloth and homemade is fine.
- We will have a staff person with mask PPE on at the front door to bring clients in and out of the building during their scheduled arrival time. They will ask you if you feel well and if you have been in contact recently with anyone with presumed COVID – 19
- Please wait in the car until your appointment start time. They will bring you back out to your car at the end.
- All clients will get hand sanitizer placed on their hands upon building entry or asked to go wash their hands.
- Our lobby and back entry will be closed to waiting clients or family/staff. Please wait outside.
- We ask that every client inside observe social distancing of at least 6 feet. Therapists sometimes are required to be closer to you than 6 feet for safety and care delivery. All staff will wear a clean, cloth mask at all time in the clinic.
- We will clean touched surfaces and equipment every hour or in between clients.
- Please communicate with our desk staff from behind the chair barrier or call at your convenience to schedule your appointments. Payment can be made over the phone.
- Transportation drivers can drop clients with staff at the door. Clients will be brought out to you at the end of their appointment.
- We will remove cloth toys and rehab equipment that cannot be washed in between each client such as cloth swings, toys, and towels.
- Our staff will continue to use strict good hygiene before and in between any personal contact.
- All group fitness classes are currently cancelled or held online.
- We will not penalize anyone cancelling appointments due to self-isolation, free-choice to not risk exposure, or confirmed diagnosis. We ask that those with confirmed exposure or diagnosis stay away from Exercisabilities for 2 weeks after symptoms are gone.
The safety of our clients, staff and guests remains of the highest importance to us at ExercisAbilities. We also want to keep these vital services available in a time like this for those who benefit so much and may lose ground without. We will also remain focused on doing our part to stop the spread the COVID-19 virus. This remains a fluid process and we will keep you all updated if any changes occur to this plan.